What is homeowners insurance?
Simply put, Homeowners Insurance provides you coverage for your home if it’s damaged for a number of causes. It provides the coverage to repair, replace, and recover the value of what you own under coverage.
We at Imperial Insurance Group know exactly who’s offering the most competitive and affordable Homeowners, Content, Renters, Flood and Condo Insurance policies in your area.
Call us today at 561-864-0300 to speak to one of our licensed team members on questions on Homeowners Insurance.
How Homeowners Insurance Protects You
You can buy a dwelling policy that covers only the structure of your house. However, most homeowners buy policies that combine five different coverages in a single policy:
Our Homeowners Insurance options include:
- Dwelling – pays for damage or destruction to your house and any unattached structures and buildings, such as fences, detached garages, and storage sheds.
- Personal Property – pays for theft, damage, or destruction of the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing, and appliances.
- Liability – protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else’s injury or property damage. A homeowners policy automatically provides $25,000 in coverage. You can buy up to $1 million in coverage for an extra premium.
- Medical Payments – pays medical bills for people hurt on your property. It also pays for some injuries that happen away from your home, such as your dog biting someone. A basic homeowners policy pays $500 in medical bills. You can pay extra and get up to $5,000 in medical payments coverage.
- Loss of Use – pays additional living expenses if your home is too damaged to live in during repairs. Most policies pay 10 to 20 percent of the amount of your dwelling coverage.
Renter’s insurance covers your personal belongings in the event of damage, loss, or theft. In the event of a loss or damage, such as flood or fire, your landlord will have insurance coverage for the structure of the building, but your personal belongings will not be covered unless you have your own renter’s insurance policy. Renter’s insurance policies also cover personal liability, in the event of injuries that happen inside your rented apartment space.
Choosing to have a renter’s insurance policy that can financially protect you in case of unexpected and devestating loss.
Call Imperial Insurance Group today at 561-864-0300 to help answer any questions you may have on renter’s insurance.